Welcome to the class web page for BA4137 – Entrepreneurship, taught at the department of Business Administration at the Middle East Technical University. The course is taught by Assoc. Prof. Dr. Adil Oran.
We define an Entrepreneur as someone trying to deliver a new product or service under conditions of extreme uncertainty. This course aims to provide the student with the tools needed to plan, launch, and grow a startup business from ideas to reality. There is a lot of failure in entrepreneurship, we believe that those completing this course will encounter it less often.
Please note the following:
- The course is a MUST course for Entrepreneurship Minor students.
- The course is an ELECTIVE course for BA students.
- The course is offered as an ELECTIVE course to a limited number of non-BA students. Contact the Instructor for details.
The students will also have a chance to develop a number of important business skills such as summarizing, analyzing and presenting material. Class participation is strongly encouraged as good public speaking abilities will be invaluable in your career and the class is a perfect place to sharpen your skills with a minimum of cost.
Students completing this course will be able to:
- Recognize the entrepreneurial potential within themselves and others in their environment.
- Appreciate the role of entrepreneurship within society at the level of the organization and in their own personal life.
- Understand the process nature of entrepreneurship and ways to manage the process.
- Identify and screen potential business ideas.
- Understand the early stage development of a business idea into an opportunity with the potential to generate profits.
In addition to traditional lectures, the class will be semi-flipped. Together with our mentors we will be helping the groups evolve their ideas using Lean Startup and Customer Development tools. Students are required to come to class having read the relevant material and take part in in-class assignments and discussions. Proper preparation for the class will significantly increase your understanding of the lecture and related subject. Questions are expected and encouraged.